GEALC will temporarily close the centre from Monday 23 March 2020, until Tuesday 14th April 2020. NOTE: We may be required to extend this period.
This decision has not been taken lightly and has been done to try to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus within our participant community and workforce.
While none of our staff, volunteers or participants have been diagnosed with COVID-19 we need to take these measures as a form of protection for all of those involved with GEALC.
In these unprecedented times, caring for each other is more essential than ever. GEALC can still do so much to help keep people connected and engaged beyond providing a physical location. The doors to the Centre will remain closed but we will be considering alternative ways to connect with people and meet their needs.
- Phone inquiries: All phone calls from our 9578 8996 number will be diverted where a nominated staff member will deal with any inquiries from Monday to Thursday between 10am – 3pm until further notice.
- GEALC’s Facebook page: check our feeds at: https://www.facebook.com/gleneiraadultlearning/
- Regular emails: We will continue to send weekly updates to all our members
- Online teaching and support: We are currently creating Google Classrooms so students can engage with GEALC remotely and we will look at a Zoom classes for Term 2
- GEALC’s website: check our website for updates and useful information
- Client Support Officer: students who usually book into see our support officer will be able to communicate with Lindy remotely. You can email lindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and advice about coronavirus – symptoms, travel and what to do to reduce the risk of infection (Department of Health & Human Services).
- Social distancing and other transmission reduction measures.
- Download a Coronavirus tip sheet for students from Lindy (Our Client Support Officer) on looking after your physical and mental health.