GEALC’s doors still remain closed to the public but but we will be providing ONLINE PROGRAM DELIVERY during TERM 2 (commencing from 20 April).
In these unprecedented times, caring for each other is more essential than ever. GEALC can still do so much to help keep people connected and engaged beyond providing a physical location. The doors to the Centre will remain closed but we are offering alternative ways to connect with people and meet their needs.
- Phone inquiries: All phone calls from our 9578 8996 number will be diverted where a nominated staff member will deal with any inquiries from Monday to Thursday between 10am – 3pm until further notice.
- GEALC’s Facebook page: check our feeds at: https://www.facebook.com/gleneiraadultlearning/
- Regular emails: We will continue to send weekly updates to all our members
- Online teaching and support: We are offering Google Classrooms (with activities students can access at anytime) as well as real-time classes using Zoom (Term 2 2020 Online Timetable)
- GEALC’s website: check our website for updates and useful information
- Client Support Officer: students who usually book into see our support officer will be able to communicate with Lindy remotely. You can email lindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social distancing and other transmission reduction measures.
- Download a Coronavirus tip sheet for students from Lindy (Our Client Support Officer) on looking after your physical and mental health.
- Important Community Contacts – a variety of services available in our community to help you and your family manage during this challenging time.
- Information Links to Support in Relation to Coronavirus (including JobSeeker payments; eligibility for Centrelink benefits; relief from banks and utilities providers; adjustments to obligations of renters and landlords; support for families, people with disabilities, overseas students, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people experiencing family violence; mental health support; home-based learning opportunities and children’s activities; written and video information in community languages; etc).
- Information and advice about coronavirus – symptoms, travel and what to do to reduce the risk of infection (Department of Health & Human Services).