In these unprecedented times, caring for each other is more essential than ever. GEALC is doing all it can to help keep people connected and engaged during this challenging period.
- Phone inquiries: Call 9578 8996 for any inquiries from Monday to Thursday between 9am – 3pm until further notice.
- GEALC’s Facebook page: check our feeds at: https://www.facebook.com/gleneiraadultlearning/
- Regular emails/newsletters: We will continue to send updates to all our members
- Online teaching and support: We are offering Google Classrooms (with activities students can access at anytime) as well as real-time classes using Zoom for people who do not wish to Face to Face classes.
- Face to Face program delivery: We are offering some face to face classes during 2021 (following Government advice and safety procedures).
- GEALC’s website: check our website for updates and useful information
- Client Support Officer: students can book into see our support officer by emailing lindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social distancing and other transmission reduction measures.
- Download a Coronavirus tip sheet for students from Lindy (Our Client Support Officer) on looking after your physical and mental health.
- Important Community Contacts – a variety of services available in our community to help you and your family manage during this challenging time.
- Information Links to Support in Relation to Coronavirus (including JobSeeker payments; Centrelink benefits; relief from banks and utilities providers; adjustments to obligations of renters and landlords; support for families, people with disabilities, overseas students, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people experiencing family violence; mental health support; home-based learning opportunities and children’s activities; written and video information in community languages; etc).
- Information and advice about coronavirus – symptoms, travel and what to do to reduce the risk of infection (Department of Health & Human Services).
- Health update
- The COVIDSafe App– The COVIDSafe app helps find close contacts of COVID-19 cases. The app helps state and territory health officials to quickly contact people who may have been exposed to COVID-19. The COVIDsafe APP is now available in different languages. Get it on AppStore or GooglePlay and choose your language.
- Useful steps to stay healthy during Covid-19
- How to wear a non-medical face mask safely
Covid-19 updates from the Department of Health and Human Services- Victoria, updated 8/09/20:
- Victoria’s current restriction levels – Department of Health & Human Services Victoria
- Victoria’s road to reopening – VIC Government
- Melbourne’s roadmap from lockdown, The road out of lockdown
- Stage 4 restrictions, Stage 4 restrictions summary
- Message from VIC Police regarding Stage 4 restrictions
- Important Info About Wearing Face Coverings
- Information in your language
- Details about testing
- Information about how to stay safe and well
- Translated videos from Chief Health Officer about wearing a mask