This pre-accredited program (taught over 2 terms) is for adult learners who need to develop literacy and numeracy skills to increase their chances of employment or further study within the health services sector or to improve their language skills in dealing with different health services in everyday life.
This course acts as a stepping-stone to provide learners with the essential vocabulary and knowledge needed to explore the vocational pathways in the health sector or to do our Medical Receptionist course. Topics include:
- Intro to the health sector & responsibilities
- Goal setting and learning/employment pathways in health services
- Hygiene and infection control
- Customer service & communication skills
- Conduct, duty of care and confidentiality requirements in healthcare
- Workplace Health & Safety in healthcare.